Total Pageviews

Copyright

All photos and content are owned by reallifeminis. Please do not copy or redistribute without permission from reallifeminis.
Thanks.
ODesign. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Fireside Coffee

Here it is, the perfect room for the little curved sofa I finished yesterday.  I like to call this Dara's apartment.  Dara is the twinkle eyed blonde.  Veronica is her ever fashionable friend.  Doesn't she have the most beautiful raven hair?  The girls have just finished chatting about New Year's resolutions over a strong cup of coffee.  (I don't think weight loss made their list.)
Anyway, I tried to give Dara's apartment an elegant tranquility while still showing her love for all things glamorous.  The fireplace gives a nod to the traditional with it's molding and applique.  It is finished in a crisp white with a smoky blue glass tile hearth.  The fireplace is open in the back.  I usually put a black backer board behind my fireplaces.  I have not added one to this one yet.  Dara does need a little girly sparkle to match her personality. Hence, the silver accessories on the fireplace mantle, starburst mirrored wall art and oversized sparkle balls inside the fireplace.  Of course her guitar is always close at hand.  I found this in North Carolina.  It reminded me of a Gibson.  I had to get it.
Dara's lucite table came from a friend in Canada, Style in Scale.  It is the perfect topper for the cowhide print rug.   On the opposite wall is a re-do item.  This is a Bratz piece.  MGM always had the greatest lines in their pieces.
Just for fun I gave the room a little versatility.  I paired it with a little table to turn it into a dining nook.



Hope you like Dara's apartment!

6 comments:

  1. I love this dio, I just want to sit there and have a drink LOL. Really cute.. Do you have a shop where you sell your stuff. BTW, your music on your blog is right on point! LOve it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. Hopefully you got my email reply. I just added your blog to the blogs I follow list. I'd love it if you'd like to add mine to your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow your blog and just love it! As far as my repaints, I work on commission and by referral. I am working on a shop and should be opened sometime this year :) keep an eye out. If you see something you like, just ask if it is avail and I will let you know. I am also on flickr

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great. I love the give away doll. She looks like she has a spunky spirit. Do you have others like her?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from SpAin, i love how you left the room with the fireplace and the furniture in white. I love the curtains. Both Dara and Veronica are beautiful and are wearing a garment ideal. I,m a collector and i have a blog i invite you to visite, all4barbie.blogspot.com if you want to keep in contact blog blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marta, I am glad you like the room. Yes, I thought the white on those pieces kept the room "fresh". I love Veronica's fur collar coat. It is one of my favorites. Thank you for your lovely comments. I will definitely check out your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete