Total Pageviews

Copyright

All photos and content are owned by reallifeminis. Please do not copy or redistribute without permission from reallifeminis.
Thanks.
ODesign. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Muffy's Moving In




Time for the reveal....Paint fumes and Scotchgard are still in the air.  Give Muffy a little time and she will have the smell of fresh cut flowers and perfume wafting down the halls.  Two Bright Boys Moving just finished bringing in the last few furniture pieces.


Dex and Andy did a great job with the design and construction.  I'm sure Muffy is toasting to those two.







Andy took a few vintage, mod pieces and worked them in with the new pieces.  The retro bar stool was given a little overhaul with the addition of a silver base.  The green seat is original.  I believe this piece is from the 70's.  If you know the actual year I'd love a comment.
        









The entry hall also features two vintage swivel base chairs and matching ottoman.  Muffy's friend and gallery owner, Veronica found the black and white abstract piece.














Back in the living room, Muffy is putting the custom bar Dex and Andy designed to good use.  She does love to entertain.  She picked up her favorite cake and pastries from Dara's Cupcakes and Such.  It's almost party time.  Cheers!

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! Green and white is my fav color! You did an outstanding job. Can I move in now? LOL Is this for sale Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I must be kindred spirits...I love green too. Thank you so much. This was the first time I've actually done walls and architectural props from wood. I am so glad I have the backdrops. They can be positioned and reworked in so many ways for future projects.
      Maybe we can both move in.
      I am contemplating selling the bar I made. I may make more of the little wood stump tables. But for now, I am going to sit back and enjoy this one for a bit.
      There's no dining in the dining room now since that is where Muffy's townhouse currently resides, lol!

      Delete
  2. Came out great! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love all of the attention to small details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning. I love ... everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from spain, i love how you took the furniture. The chairs have a color very original. Very elegant with the curtains. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks great. I really do love the color scheme. You are right the green chairs are from Barbie Ski lodge I still have mine! I just love it the stairs too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brini,
      Thank you. I am so glad to know the origin of the chairs. How cool that you still have yours. I love repainting certain pieces but I am a purist with others and simply cannot bring myself to change them. Nostalgia I guess.

      Delete